Monday, August 8, 2011

Recipe: Spicey Cilantro Pesto & Bow Tie Pasta

IMG_1399

I have been on somewhat of a cooking craze lately. It's something that I'm getting somewhat good at and I'm really enjoying doing it. Today for lunch, I made some really yummy cilantro pesto. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups of cilantro
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp of oregano
1 tbsp of crushed red pepper
1 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used parmesean and mozzerella)
1/3 cup of olive oil (most recipes call for 1/2-1 cup, but for me half of a cup was too greasy)
Dash of salt and pepper to taste

You can use any type of pasta you want, bow tie pasta was just what I had.

Directions:
Boil pasta
Put all ingredients into blender or food processor
Blend all dry ingredients
Pour in olive oil while blending

*Use the pesto immediately so the oil doesn't separate itself.


I hope you enjoy this yummy dish!
Let me know if you make it and how it turns out!

-Meganne

1 comment:

Yasmeen said...

I've never made homemade pesto before but I'll have to soon :X That looks nomy.

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

PS: Love the new layout :D