Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Creepy, Crusty, Crumbling

So, this post is completely and totally not fashion related, but I just had to share this with you all. I stumbled across these photos of the old New Orleans Six Flags amusement park a few nights ago. I fell in love! The place has been completely deserted since Hurricane Katrina destroyed the city. Even though the rest of Nola is up and running, Six Flags is not and never will be. Sad day. :(
chained-dreams-of-fun-at-Sxi-Flags-New-Orleans-abandoned-jazzland
Hurricane-Katrina-killed-this-clown
Color-washed-out-of-the-fun-at-abandoned-Six-Flags-in-New-OrleansClosed-Six-Flags-New-Orleans
2011-this-is-abandoned-Six-Flags-in-New-Orleans-now
graffiti-signs-of-life-after-Katrina-ripped-amusement-from-park-six-flags-new-orleans
exit-Abandoned-Six-Flags-Jazzland-Park-2011
Infrequent-diversion-abandoned-Six-Flags-New-Orleans
New-Orleans-LA-Sept.-14-2005-Six-Flags-Over-Louisiana-remains-submerged-two-weeks-after-Hurricane-Katrina-caused-levees-to-fail-in-New-Orleans
Two weeks after Katrina.
Katrina-killed-the-bumper-cars
santuary-for-a-future-meadow-abandoned-Six-Flags-New-Orleans
V-is-for-Vendetta-against-Katrina-at-abandoned-Six-Flags
Watch-out-for-that-tree
I totally want to stop by here one day and try to get in without getting caught. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough though. The place looks so...haunted. There are many more pictures and the entire article here.

Well, I hope you found these photos as equally amusing as I.

-Meganne

1 comment:

aprileveryday said...

Oh wow! Thats so interesting, though it reminds me so much of the end of Zombieland haha! Would be great but soo scary to visit - though I am a wimp when it comes to things like this haha!