Tuesday, November 2, 2010

White Hinterland


During the Project Runway season finale last thursday night, I discovered my new favorite band. All thanks to Gretchen Jones and her fabulous collection's walk down the runway. During this, the song that was played was "Icarus" by White Hinterland. I fell into deep love with it as soon as I heard it. I researched this indie pop/expirimental band a little over the past few days and this is what I have to offer you about this great band:



White Hinterland is the stage name for Portland,OR based singer/songwriter/pianist Casey Dienel. Her first album, Wind-Up Canary, deputed in March of 2006 courtesy of Hush Records. Over time, White Hinterland has made three other albums, including most recent "Kairos", in which she has collaborated with Shawn Creeden and is currently touring the US and Europe. The duo is now working with the indie label Dead Oceans. You can catch WH's new single, "Icarus" on Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain commercial.






No comments: