Friday, November 5, 2010

Easy Schmeasy

Recently, I've been getting into sewing. Im not very good at it yet, but practice makes perfect right? Well, as I was snooping around www.teenvogue.com's website I found a pretty cool and easy to make dress. I hope to one day design my own, but I'll start off with this cute easy to make shirt dress by Vena Carta.


Materials:
1 Plain T-Shirt
3 Yards of Fabric
Needle and Thread
Scissors
Tape Measure/Ruler
Felt Letters *optional


Cut the fabric to make the skirt of the dress. For width, measure your waist and multiply that number by three. Next, cut the desired length.


Using the needle and thread, make a running stitch across the top of the fabric, with each stitch about one-quarter inch in length. When finished, pull the stitch to shirr the skirt.


Trim the bottom of the T-shirt so that it hits your natural waist. Sew the skirt's waist to the T-shirt's bottom. Stick the letters across the front of the shirt to spell out your message.


The Completed Dress

*Here's the link
(http://www.teenvogue.com/style/tips/diy/2009/04/do-it-yourself-vena-cava_090413#slide=1)

No comments: