Sunday, November 7, 2010

Her Sweet Autumn What?


Her Sweet Autumn Misery is a band based out of Shreveport, Louisiana. The band started as the side project from Landon Miller and Ben Densmore's heavier band, "I AM ISRAEL". The first album from the band "The Fisherman And The Sea" was released in 2008. As the band grew, they were able to gain the beautiful vocals of Chelsea Norman. The band has released two other albums since '08, "Fire By Night, Smoke By Morning" in '09, and their latest, "Embers" in '10.
Don't let the name of this band fool you. While their name might sound very down and depressing, their music and lyrics are anything but. While most of the lyrics are personal inside stories, they are still extremely fun to sing along to. My personal favorite is from their song Cheerleaders, "We'll speak of how you cut your wrists and don't believe in God, and I'll tell you that I love you from the bottom of my heart, because you have blood and I have blood, and that's enough." All in all, instrumental, lyric, and vocals wise, I rate this band an A+.

For shows and other band info, visit http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Her-Sweet-Autumn-Misery/44900580625 or http://www.myspace.com/hersweetautumnmisery

*sorry, all of the videos are live. i'll try to upload some tracks at a later time

Worms (Fire By Night, Smoke By Morning)


Where Did You Go? (Embers)


*My Personal Favorite
Searching (Fire By Night, Smoke By Morning)

No comments: