Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trains

As promised, I am back! I told ya I would be. I'm sure it seemed like I wasn't going to. I fooled you wrong. Especially you haters, I haven't forgotten you!

Well, I've got a lot to write about today, as it's been a pretty eventful week. For me at least. As you all know, I just recently became a rep for mark. makeup. I'm getting my rep kit in tomorrow, along with my adorable paper bag blue jean skirt. So, this weekend I will officially start selling the products. I also found out today that I had gotten a job that I applied for a few months ago. It's at my parish's courthouse. I'm pretty excited. This job is only 20-30 hours a week and since I need to save up a lot of money this summer, I decided to get another job. I went in to a day care today, and pretty much got the job instantly. I really hate kids, but I really love money! So, I think it's pretty great.

Why do I need to save money so badly might you ask? Well, I'm moving to New Orleans next January/February!!! Yep. I'm moving to the greatest city on earth. (If you disagree, you've obviously never been.) I'm moving here to go to the Paul Mitchell cosmetology school next spring. I'm super excited.

Okay, enough about my boring life and on to the most exciting part: the outfit!

DSC_1267
DSC_1269
DSC_1273
I found some rocks!

I've actually never worn this shirt. It kinda makes me sad. My best friend got it for me for valentines day last year. I hardly ever wear the plaid shirt, because the back has a pretty big rip in it. But. Whatever. It's cute, and I like it. What else matters?

DSC_1286
DSC_1281
DSC_1280

I don't know if you guys watch American Idol. I never did until this season. Let me tell you, this was a damn good season to start! There have been so many great people on the show this season. My favorite made it to the top 5, and my other made it to the top 10. But, after last night I have a new favorite. Watch and listen.

Umm, can you say the next Janis Joplin? She is incredible. Not to mention, the girl's got style.
haley_reinhart
Haley-Reinhart
7192-Haley-Reinhart-029


And here is this title's namesake, Trains by Porcupine Tree.


Skirt-thrifted $2
Plaid Shirt-thrifted $2
Shoes-Charlotte Rusee $10
Bow Shirt-Gift
Tights-Anthropologie $10
Ring-Rue21 $1
Bracelet-Target $1

I hope you all have a fantastic night!
-Meganne

3 comments:

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

Good luck on your big move to New Orleans! I wish I was brave enough to do the same.

Unknown said...

Moving to New Orleans? Yay! You'll be able to come to some of our Southern Fashion Bloggers' meet ups I hope!

Meagan said...

That bird ring is adorable! And congratulations on all your jobs and going to school.That is so exciting!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com