Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crackle

Hello! Sorry for the lack of posts this past week or so. I've been...lazy. I have no excuses. None at all. While I don't have a super cool outfit posts for you guys today, I do have a product review! Whoot whoot!
china-glaze-crackle
I'm sure you've all seen the new craze in nail polish. Ya know, Crackle polish? Well. I've been on a search for some for the past month or so when I saw it on another blog. I was so amazed by it and I just had to have it. I was out and about the other day, and I stopped by Sally's Beauty Supply, and I found it! I wasn't really thrilled because they didn't have O.P.I. All that they had had was China Glaze and while I've heard it was good quality, O.P.I is what I trust. Since I couldn't find crackle polish anywhere else, I decided to get it, despite my skepticalness.
china_glaze_crackle2
The first time I used it, I wasn't very pleased with the end results. I had caked it on like I would with any other polish, and it didn't crackle. I tried again and I finally figged it out. You have to put an incredibly thin layer on, or else your crackle will end up looking slightly giraffish.
Anywhos, I love this product and i stongly urge you to test it out on your own!
This is the color I had choosen. It is "Cracked Concrete".
china-glaze-crackle3

Well, it is far past my bedtime. So. Sweet dreams and all of that jazz.

-Meganne

1 comment:

Nikki Mortham said...

it reminds me of that crackle medium you add to acrylic paint from golden... you can use it to make your paintings look like a real authentic old oil painting!!! haha
PS: Very excited to start following your blog!
Nikki